Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
简介Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earn ...
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
The Moroccan Embassy emphasized the significance of administrative autonomy as a catalyst for develo ...
The weak economic momentum, along with the hope for the Federal Reserve's rate freeze next month and ...
BUSAN — The top diplomats of South Korea, Japan and China reached a consensus on Sunday to accelerat ...
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- Seoul shares start lower ahead of key rate decision
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- Seoul anticipates 3
- Shanghai art scene puts on fair show while struggling to recover from pandemic
- South Korea's Yoon will warn APEC leaders about the risks of a Russia
- Ive, aespa, NewJeans, StayC and Kiss of Life join star
- Animal shelter busted for killing and burying hundreds of pets
- SK to create world's first advanced plastic recycling cluster, breaks ground in Ulsan
- Korean chip giant chiefs to travel to Netherlands with president
- [Herald Interview] Korean team wins James Dyson Award with ‘hands
- National Changgeuk Company's endeavor to foster pansori composers continues
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- Han Sung Motor commits to give back to society
- 김의겸 "김혜경 법카 유용 의혹, 그 정도 사안은 영장 못 쳐"
- Galleries vexed by outdated ban on taking older artwork out of country
- Chuu makes tearful solo debut with 'Howl'
- 'Teenage Mercenary’ leads Korean webtoon sensation in Japan
- Kingdom introduces last of its 7 kingdoms in 7th EP
- Samsung Biologics expansion ahead of schedule
- Hyundai Motor, Kia ranked in mid range of global eco
- 김기현 “지역·계층·세대별 민심 여과없이 대통령에 직접 전달”
- [KH Explains] Why Starbucks' new coupon policy is a big deal in Korea
- [Herald Interview] Park Youn
- Hyundai, Kia team up with Infineon on EV power chips
- Posco International completes EV parts plant in Mexico
- Seoul shares end nearly 2% lower amid Middle East woes
- 尹 대통령 "국립대병원 중추로 육성" 의료인력 확충 필요성 강조
- Samsung Bioepis launches Soliris biosimilar in Europe
- 이종석, 검수완박법엔 입법취소 의견…공수처법 위헌 입장
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- Japan preparing to bring back some 20 S. Koreans from Israel, along with its own nationals: reports
- Pentagon official touts robust extended deterrence to S. Korea
- 한기호 "제주해군기지는 盧의 결실"…여‧야 모두 박수 보냈다