'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
简介South Korea's Transport Ministry said Tuesday it plans to revise its current ordinance on the o ...
South Korea's Transport Ministry said Tuesday it plans to revise its current ordinance on the operation of air transport, mandating an in-flight announcement reminding passengers not to open plane doors while in flight.
The revision aims to prevent reoccurrence of incidents like the one in May in which a man in his 30s opened the emergency exit of a plane operated by Asiana Airlines just minutes before it landed at Daegu International Airport. The incident was dubbed "two minutes of terror" by local media, and sparked concerns over aviation safety.
The revision not only reminds passengers that such actions are illegal, but also mandates airplanes to attach a visible warning sticker. Flight attendants are also required to undergo two hours of training annually to detect any passenger showing signs of abnormal behavior.
In the case of the aforementioned incident in Daegu, the culprit had allegedly suffered from extreme stress after losing both his job and girlfriend.
A pre-announcement about the revision is set to take place by Dec. 14, according to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. The currently mandated announcements by airlines specifies against smoking, using electronic devices and disrupting flight attendants can be punished by criminal law.
South Korea's Aviation Security Act states that passengers disrupting the operation of an airplane by handling the passenger or emergency exits can be punished by up to 10 years in prison.
Seoul Western District Court on Wednesday handed down a fine of 8 million won ($6,200) to the chief ...
For countless South Korean actors, getting a role on a local broadcaster's TV drama series was ...
Ever since its inception in 2006, South Korea’s state-funded Northeast Asian History Foundation has ...
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- Posco to build joint venture with US grain company
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- Hyundai Motor may sell Russian plant to local firm
- Seoul reviews scenarios for restoring guard posts in DMZ
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
[Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office
Seoul shares tumble to 5
[Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- BTS Jungkook's star
- Posco Future M achieves 100% recycling of refractory waste
- Pyongyang denies allegations of Hamas using North Korean weapons
- N. Korea slams Japan's plan to move up US missile purchase as 'arrogant choice'
- Enhypen announces Nov. 17 comeback with 'Orange Blood'
- Over 90% of fines for illegal short selling imposed on foreign firms
- S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
- [Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean
- 이용, 지도부 때린 서병수·홍문표에 "선당후사·솔선수범 하라"
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- Koreans will 'freeze to death' for iced Americanos even in winter
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- 조응천 "김종인이 2명 배제하자…민주당, 총선서 제1당 됐다"
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- S. Korea pushes for using commercial satellites in military communication
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- TBS appeals to Seoul to hold off on slashing support
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high
- '12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”
- 1 in 8 commercial flights exposed to pathogens: KDCA
- Two dead in Gyeongju construction site collapse