BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
简介K-pop sensation BTS notched the title of Worldwide Icon of the Year on Tuesday, the first day of the ...
K-pop sensation BTS notched the title of Worldwide Icon of the Year on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day 2023 MAMA Awards.
The MAMA Awards, the world’s biggest K-pop festival organized by CJ ENM, is taking place at the Tokyo Dome, Japan’s top concert venue, this year.
Worldwide Icon of the Year is one of the four top honors to be presented this year.
Winners of the three other main awards-- artist of the year, song of the year and album of the year -- are to be announced Wednesday night.
This marks the sixth consecutive year for BTS to take achieve the Worldwide Icon of the Year honor, dating to 2018.
BTS, which has been taking time off from group activities to focus on their individual careers and to fulfill mandatory military service, did not attend the event.
“Thank you for all this never-changing love. We lament that we cannot celebrate the day together but we are confident that we will come back better than ever. We hope you stay healthy and happy until then,” Jungkook shared in a prerecorded video.
BTS was also recognized with the Worldwide Fans’ Choice, along with other K-pop groups TXT, Zerobaseone, Enhypen, Ateez, NCT Dream, Stray Kids, Seventeen and Twice and solo singer Lim Young-woong.
Legendary K-pop duo TVXQ, which marks its 20th anniversary this year, took home the Inspiring Achievement honor.
The duo performed their latest single, “Down,” and hit single “Rising Sun” with rookie boy band Riize.
“We haven’t taken part in this event for a while. We are really grateful to receive such an honorable award and perform with amazing artists. This was all possible thanks to our fans,” Max Changmin said.
A trilateral summit with Japan and China, which has been on hold since 2019, could take place early ...
North Korea conducted the first ground tests of solid-fuel engines for a new type of intermediate-ra ...
Samsung Bioepis, a biosimilar developer under Samsung Group, will embark on the development of a bio ...
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- [Korean History] In 2005, science world’s biggest scandal unravels in Seoul
- Han Sung Motor commits to give back to society
- UNC members renew commitment against any NK armed attack
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- US approves possible sale of SM
Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
[Up close in Yeouido] Spy
[Herald Interview] ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ director, actor say drama consoled them
Ive, aespa, NewJeans, StayC and Kiss of Life join star
S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
National Changgeuk Company's endeavor to foster pansori composers continues
- ‘홍범도·양평고속도로’ 야당 쓴소리에 윤 대통령 주로 경청
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- LG Energy Solution debuts new battery
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- ‘홍범도·양평고속도로’ 야당 쓴소리에 윤 대통령 주로 경청
- NCSoft to unveil new titles at G
- Floor leader of main opposition party voices disappointment at Yoon's budget speech
- Asiana Airlines delays decision on cargo business sell
- Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults
- [Korea Beyond Korea] From history and K
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- “이게 KF
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- 유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- S. Korea, US and Japan to conduct joint aerial exercise for 1st time: source
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들
- NY Met exhibition to mark 25th anniversary of Korean gallery
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed
- [KH Explains] Shipbuilders scramble to secure labor force amid booming industry
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Import prices rise for 3rd month on higher oil costs
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage trilateral maritime interdiction drills for 1st time in 7 years
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars