BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
简介K-pop sensation BTS notched the title of Worldwide Icon of the Year on Tuesday, the first day of the ...
K-pop sensation BTS notched the title of Worldwide Icon of the Year on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day 2023 MAMA Awards.
The MAMA Awards, the world’s biggest K-pop festival organized by CJ ENM, is taking place at the Tokyo Dome, Japan’s top concert venue, this year.
Worldwide Icon of the Year is one of the four top honors to be presented this year.
Winners of the three other main awards-- artist of the year, song of the year and album of the year -- are to be announced Wednesday night.
This marks the sixth consecutive year for BTS to take achieve the Worldwide Icon of the Year honor, dating to 2018.
BTS, which has been taking time off from group activities to focus on their individual careers and to fulfill mandatory military service, did not attend the event.
“Thank you for all this never-changing love. We lament that we cannot celebrate the day together but we are confident that we will come back better than ever. We hope you stay healthy and happy until then,” Jungkook shared in a prerecorded video.
BTS was also recognized with the Worldwide Fans’ Choice, along with other K-pop groups TXT, Zerobaseone, Enhypen, Ateez, NCT Dream, Stray Kids, Seventeen and Twice and solo singer Lim Young-woong.
Legendary K-pop duo TVXQ, which marks its 20th anniversary this year, took home the Inspiring Achievement honor.
The duo performed their latest single, “Down,” and hit single “Rising Sun” with rookie boy band Riize.
“We haven’t taken part in this event for a while. We are really grateful to receive such an honorable award and perform with amazing artists. This was all possible thanks to our fans,” Max Changmin said.
The Korea-Indonesia Business Cooperation Forum is all set to take place on Thursday in Jakarta, mark ...
South Korean trading company STX said Monday that it has signed a trilateral agreement with its part ...
김정은 북한 국무위원장이 지난 8월 3~5일 중요 군수공장을 시찰하면서 완성된 122mm 방사포탄 만져보는 모습. 조선중앙TV 캡처, 연합뉴스북한이 미국의 대이스라엘 군사 지원과 ...
- For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- 사전투표 D
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- Woori Bank establishes Bangladesh regional headquarters
- [New in Korean] 'The path to happiness is forgiveness,' says Korea's first million
- Hyundai, Kia report robust EV US sales, shrug off impact of IRA
- Following an Israeli airstrike, crowded Gaza hospital struggles to treat wounded children
- [New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
- Asiana to sell cargo biz to help Korean Air win EU approval for takeover
- [From the Scene] Samsung bets big on package substrates for future chips
- Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul
- Japan returns favor again by flying 15 Korean nationals out of Israel
- Actor Lee Sun
- Catch fleeting fall foliage with exciting outdoor activities
- Blinken redoubles calls for humanitarian pause in Israel
- Hana Bank to offer W100b in support for small business owners
- From artisan to 'foreign laborer:' a French craftsman's take on Korea's construction scene
- NTOK Live+ to screen latest plays from UK, Netherlands
- Seoul shares up for 3rd session on Fed's rate freeze
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea vaccinates over 76% of cattle against lumpy skin disease