您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
简介German Ambassador to Korea Georg Schmidt called for enhanced security cooperation, highlighting the ...
German Ambassador to Korea Georg Schmidt called for enhanced security cooperation, highlighting the interconnectedness of security challenges in Asia and Europe, in an interview with The Korea Herald on Wednesday.
Though Germany and South Korea are located far from one another, both face common challenges of Russia forging military transactions with North Korea, and this is something the two countries should work together to resolve global tensions, the ambassador emphasized.
“Many people speculate that it was Russian technology and Russian assistance that helped the North Koreans launch their satellite, which is something we condemn together with the other G7 members.
"We can see now, with the latest transactions between Russia and North Korea, how they are linked. ... We strongly condemn it from the EU and Brussels,” he said.
The ambassador urged closer cooperation between the two countries beyond traditional hardware aspects to include software, cybersecurity and the threats posed by artificial intelligence.
“It is quite obvious that Germany and Korea (should) cooperate more in stronger security terms."
Schmidt also addressed Germany's active role in UN sanctions against North Korea, noting the deployment of a German Navy ship to participate in the enforcement of these sanctions.
- 부모와 아이
The Record Label Industry Association of Korea’s petition to revise the ticket scalping law submitte ...
- 부모와 아이
The top diplomats from South Korea, the United States and Japan have agreed to take stern measures a ...
- 부모와 아이
In Sophie Compton and Reuben Hamlyn’s new documentary “Another Body,” a 23-year-old engineering stud ...
- Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
- Opposition party leader ends 24
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
Samsung Biologics sees highest
US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Anthropologist stresses multidisciplinary approach for strong Korean studies
- Seoul proposes safety measures to prevent poor construction
- S. Korea retakes No. 1 spot in global shipbuilding orders in Oct.
- Seoul offers 10,000 sets of portable SOS emergency bell ‘Zikimi’
- Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
- 블링컨 美국무장관 한국 도착…9일 한미 외교장관 회담
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Yale sociologist and BTS fan researches K
- 인요한 만난 김종인 “처방은 잘했지만, 환자가 약을 먹어야”
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- [KH Explains] Why do Woori, NongHyup hold on to North Korean operations?
- [Herald Interview] Kim Jee
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- [Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
- SM founder Lee Soo
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
- SKC to build bioplastics plant in Vietnam
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- [Today’s K
- Milk prices to go up in Oct.
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- [Feature] The rise and fall of terrestrial TV dramas
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- Seoul shares tumble to 5